We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 11 June 2012

Challenge 70 No Cards, Tags or ATCs

Our Hostess this week is Carole
Carole would like you to make make anything EXCEPT a card, tag or ATC - for example it could be a gift bag, a box, a bookmark, something knitted, something sewn - just NO cards, tags or ATCs!!!
 ********************
Please check the rules in the right-hand sidebar before entering. Thank You!

 ********************

 
We are sponsored  for this challenge by
 
With a $10 gift voucher
 
I have been drawing since a child and studied graphics at College many years ago, I now work as a Medical photographer part time but my love was always drawing. I started cardmaking about 4yrs ago when I bought my daughter a cardmaking kit which we did together, but I’m afraid I got the bug! My daughter preferred scrapbooking. I then started looking online at other blogs and this then became my passion and I loved sharing my cards with likeminded people.
I love stamping and loved finding images, but sometimes I could not find what I wanted so I started to draw myself.
This then has become my second addiction and I have never looked back, I love thinking of new images, and its just fabulous to see others take them and make them into beautiful works of art. Long may it continue!
 
So without further ado onto the challenge and what the team have come up with this time
 
It's my turn this week to set the challenge - and my reasoning behind it was to celebrate all those other crafts  that I know we all do!! I've not been a great sewer in the past, but wanted to challenge myself this week by making my first ever patchwork cushion cover!!
 
Something completely different this week, and a return to my first love! I've stitched a book mark using basic Hardanger techniques and a varigated thread. I love the look of the cut work!
 
ade a small gift bag for my Dads pressie for Fathers Day. I used a template that came on my Forever Friends CD-Rom. The stamp is from Wild Rose Studio and I have used my Cricut to cut the letters and stars.
 
I love reading so chose to make a Bookmark for this challenge. The bird on the end of the ribbon is weighted so it will hang over the cover of the book.
 
I like making projects that are slightly different, and one that I really enjoyed was a mini memory book made from just one sheet of 12" by 12" paper, that was then kept within a small gift box.
 
I know, mittens!  In June!  What was I thinking.  My daughter is always knocking up fingerless mittens so I thought I'd have a go - never again, LOL.  All those double-ended pointy things.  Still it was fun to try something different.
 
I've created a fun way to give away goodies by using an old nut jar.  I've used patterned paper, pearls, brads, ribbon, and more to create a nice gift to give to someone as a gift. :)
 
I made a little toolbox and used the Mo Manning Image "Chocolate Smile"
 
 
I made this wee 50s style Swing Apron!
I used some yummy strawberry material and red for contrast, added a handmade flower, some ribbon and a button to finish it off
 
I made a Memory Album for this challenge, now all I have to do is buy some time to fill it :)
 
Annette
I made a bookmark for my girl ...first school class...Yes I know...the color of the butterlfly looks very pink But who likes to discuss with 7 year old girl :)
 
Marie
Have been wanting to start art journaling  for some time and as the challenge for this fortnight was to create something other than a card it was the perfect push I needed. I used IndigoBlu and Tim Holtz stamps,  lots of distress inks and Gesso together with home made stencils. For more details on how I made this and to see some other projects please visit my blog.
 

I think you will agree there are some gorgeous ideas here to inspire you.
If you would like to stop by their blogs I am sure they would be pleased to see your comments and if you want to know how something was done I am sure there will be more details on their own blogs.
 
Don’t forget to come back in a fortnight to check if you won
 
 



13 comments:

  1. Hello and thank you for the challenge. I love all the creations DT. Good luck to everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed looking at all of the DTs creations they all are really GREAT! TFS!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you're having this challenge!! It's great to make something besides cards all the time. :)
    ALL of your DT samples are wonderful inspiration..thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the fab challenge - I've been wanting to join in for ages! Actually I've just realised my box has a tag on it - perhaps this isn't allowed... Do let me know if it's not right. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky - your box in the main thing - so I'm happy to allow a tag on it. Cxxx

      Delete
  6. great challenge this time and fab projects from the DT
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What perfect timing! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the "uncommon" challenge - i love the DT samples!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!! what a crafty bunch you are, amazing work everyone, love them all xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic stuff by the dt and really great entries, love taking part, mark

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh!! Super fun challenge!!! Love all of your creative, crafty samples!!!! Blessings, Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.