We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 1 June 2015

#140 Stitching, Faux or Real

Sue is hosting today and would like to see your projects that include stitching. The stitching can be faux or real, but it would be lovely to see real stitching or even embroidery on your creations

This is how the team interpreted Sue's theme

Sue
I love stitching on my cards, and generally use my sewing machine to do so.  It's an easy way to add another layer of interest to lift your card to something very special.   You can use complimentary or contrasting coloured threads, but I really recommend trying machine embroidery threads as they have a lovely sheen.
 
I pricked around the edge of my card and first backstitched the layers together, and then I added a frame in the same shimmery green thread. The flowers are hand-made using Sizzix dies, and the sentiment is computer generated and cut using Spellbinders dies.

Mary

I used design paper which had faux stitching on it and also added some faux stitching to the boot that the house mouse is sewing.

Carole
My stitching is done on a machine, and has been used to give some interest to the matting and layering of my Vintage Floral digi image (coloured with Spectrum Noir pens and pencils).

Vania


Pamellia
I decided to use real stitching to outline my main panel and my little Tim Holtz tag. Some black thread creates a lovely border and adds a little interest and contrast.

Julie

I have used House Mouse Happy Hoppers with Faux Stitching.

Kimx
I have used Faux stitching on my Thank You card.

Lin
I used to embroider a lot on my cards, but got out of the habit when other things took my fancy, so it was nice to go back to this and sit watching tv, whilst I pricked, and then stitched my butterfly directly onto a mat cut from the Peacock Paisley pad from Heartfelt Creations. More details on my blog

Sally
I have done some Cross- Stitch around the fame on my card, which also uses some stamps and patterned papers. 

Marlene





2 comments:

  1. Great DT inspiration! Thanks for the fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the Top Five. Some great inspiration from the Design Team. I enjoyed taking part. Thank you everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.